There are two objectives of the openbiomaps project: First, to maintain an open and free biological database service
, and; Second, to develop biological data handling software applications
. The openbiomaps project thus provides a stable background for open and free biological databases, specifically for scientists and conservationists, and its customizable toolset facilitates easy access and management of data.
- Creating and managing custom databases
- Easy data import from varios formats (xls, gpx, shp, csv ...)
- Repeatable and citable queries
- DataCite DOI
- Exporting data into various formats (csv, gpx)
- Accessing data from remote databases or desktop applications (e.g R, QGIS)
- Decentralized community
- Customizable data management interfaces
- Customizable data collecting interfaces
- Free and open softwares
- Open data
Resources & Services
- Cross platform
- Download from Google Play
OpenSource Web Application
IV. Biological databases and data storage workshop
The main topic of the meeting will be the scientific evaluation and use of the data
- What are the options for analyzing occasional data collection?
- What are the problems with occasional and monitoring data collection?
- Who has what results?
- What are the best practices for utilizing analyzes?
- What would we need to have more analyzable data?
- Sharing analytics
Ős Dráva Látogatóközpont, Szaporca, Hungary - 2021-09-10 - 2021-09-15.
Debrecen - 2021-03-24.